The archaeological site Tukljača is located along the seashore, 1.5 km to the west of Turanj, opposite the island of Ričul with which it used to be connected. According to some indications, village Tukljačane used to be here. One of the testimonies of the village once existed at this location is the church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Crkva Uznesenja Blažene Djevice Marije) situated at the local cemetery and the mills submerged by the sea for the most part of the year and dry only at low tide. The village was abandoned during the War of Cyprus (1570 – 1573), and the population escaped to the nearby Turanj. When the sea level rose, the village was submerged, but the parish church remained preserved. Numerous remains can be seen in the sea in front of the location, such as the prehistoric embankment which connected the mainland with the nearby island, Roman piers, mills, and the remains of the architecture stretching to the mainland.